There came about a distinctively remarkable happening in the glorious two and a half century old history of Nawalgarh, when some migrants of the town took a visionary and pioneering initiative in Calcutta in the year 1907. They organized a committee for the gainful extension of light of education in Nawalgarh, which was named Nawalgarh Vidyalaya Committee. Shri Nawalgarh Vidyalaya was established that very year which advanced from progress to further progress and which is a prominent educational institution in the region now. In the year 1907 Shri Nawalgarh Primary School started in the campus of Gangamai Mandir and it was shifted in 1911 in the Haveli donated by Babu Devidatt Jivanram Jalan family. In the year 1938 Shri Nawalgarh Senior Secondary School was started in the building donated by Shri Goverdhandas Govindram Seksaria family. Both the above institution are on Grant in Aid @ 60% and 70% respectively. Many great, farsighted person have been actively connected with the management and direction of this committee. They are like stars of heavenly light in the historical firmament of Nawalgarh who resolved to eliminate the darkness of nescience and ignorance. This extensive education project had another aspect to which the attention of the worthy members of the committee was attracted. It was that there was a dire and urgent need of women's college in the town which could provide higher education to school-leaving girls. Platinum Jubilee function was organized in Culcutta in May 1985. At this function a decision was taken to establish a women's college in the town. On this occasion renowned industrialist, Shri Sudarshan Kumar Birla observed: "We are very pleased to learn that a women's college is being established as a link in the development of Shri Nawalgarh School. Pilani and Nawalgarh are the only first and foremost centres of modern education in the Shekhawati region".